NerdTV: Featuring Andy Hertzfeld

Here is the link: http://www.pbs.org/cringely/nerdtv/transcripts/001.html

I would like to share to you one of my favorite talks they had, here it is:

Andy: Yeah. Steve came over to my house shortly after it aired in 1996. I asked him what he thought of the documentary. He said he thought it was really good, but when he watched it on TV he thought his comment about Bill Gates having no taste might have been a little too harsh. So he called Bill Gates to apologize.

I don't know how you call Bill Gates, but if you are Steve Jobs you get right through. He said, "Bill I'm calling to apologize. I saw the documentary and I said that you had no taste. Well I shouldn't have said that publicly. It's true, but I shouldn't have said it publicly."

And Bill Gates replied, "I'm glad you called to apologize, Steve, because I thought that was really an inappropriate thing to say."

Steve couldn't help himself, he said, "You know it's true, it's true you have no taste."

And Bill Gates responded to him, saying "Steve, I may have no
taste, but that doesn't mean my entire company has no taste."

So Bill admitted he had no taste, but thought it was an unfair slur to say that MICROSOFT had no taste.

(laughter)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple's Edge Over Microsoft?

High Grounds Cafe - Best Internet Cafe in the Philippines

John Gokongwei Speech before Ateneo 2004 Graduates