Too much geek

At my last post you have read how weird the technique was. The was I transfer the datas from one server to the other. After a series of tweaks yesterday I have realize that the solution that I will issue was too much complex. To the point that im trying to make things difficult or im trying to solve things in a nerdy way. And I mean too much nerd. Then after a couple of googling I have comeup a new a simplier way to solve the problem. I think it was a breeze in my part. I decided to use the sql server again instead of my own creative technique. It was simplier and better I guess.

What I did was instead of issuing the usual server name whenever you establish a connection via LAN I simply change it to IP address to establish a connection. And bam thats it. I can instantly do the usual code such as insert/update/delete statement. Here's the code:

conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=dns;Data Source=192.168.0.200"
conn.CursorLocation = adUseServer
conn.Open


See how simplier it is? relax nerdy don't be to harsh to yourself. hehehe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Gokongwei Speech before Ateneo 2004 Graduates

SM Mall of Asia

GWT+MySQL Best Practice